The purpose of this application activity, showing how to apply the concepts related to non-verbal and listening skills, is to apply communication concepts and theories in a real life scenario. You will do this by initiating an interaction with someone to test a specific communication principle. Before initiating this interaction, you should perform the research regarding your selected communication principle so the research guides your behavior and statements in the interaction.
Steps for completing this assignment:
1. Select a communication concept or principle from the following:
a. Halo effect
2. Complete an essay on Halo Effect according to the following guidelines:
a. 5 to 7 pages in length, a minimum of 2,000 words
b. APA format
c. A minimum of four, peer-reviewed resources
3. Write your plan for how to test this principle in an interaction—a minimum of 200 words. The plan must guide your interaction with an individual or group. In order to avoid a canned scenario, which would defeat the purpose of a real life application, the individual or group will most likely not be aware of your plan. If the individual or group is made aware of the plan ahead of time, be sure to include an explanation of why that was necessary.
4. Execute your plan
5. Write a transcript of the interaction between you and the other individual(s) involved, describing the actual communication as clearly as you remember.
6. Reviewing the Transcript:
a. Within the Transcript: Make notations either in brackets after the specific communication or by “comment” within Word. Identify where you demonstrated the concept and principle. Add in relevant reflections, explanatory comments you wish to make about what occurred, and any “ah-ha” moments throughout the transcript.
b. Summary Section: Write your summary and conclusions regarding the results, impact, and implications of this principle within this practical example and in general communication. (in at least 250 words)
For a custom-written paper, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers