Though the UDHR was written in response to the rather recent atrocities of WWII discussion/
debate about what are appropriate ‘Human Rights’ has an extremely long history in both
philosophy and politics. Fundamentally, ‘Human Rights’ are only conferred upon those who are
considered to be “human” (historically not all people have been considered human), which then has implications for
the treatment of those considered les than or other than human. This paper has 4 parts:
1. Provide a discursive definition (ie. a definition developed through academic reading and
argument that goes far beyond a simple dictionary definition) of ‘Human Being’ and the “meaning”
of ‘Being Human’.
2. Provide reasons and rationales for your defining criteria.
3. Reflect upon the extent to which your “definition” may include/exclude certain people from being
considered human and “assumptions” you held about the “meaning” of ‘Being Human’ at the
commencement of this assignment. 4. Illustrate how a definition of “Human Being” can affect how
others are treated
For a custom-written paper, place your order now!
What We Offer
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers