The following questions may be answered verbally with your assessor or you may write down your answers. Please discuss this with your assessor before you commence. Short Answers are required which is approximately 4 typed lines = 50 words, or 5 lines of handwritten text.
Your assessor will take down dot points as a minimum if you choose to answer them verbally.
Answer the following questions either verbally with your assessor or in writing.
1. How does the disability services Act 1993 explain disability?
2. What are the main categories of disability you may encounter when working in the community services industry?
3. What is the theory of social constructs of disability?
4. What is the suggested course of action for dealing with ethical dilemmas?
5. What are three methods you can employ to develop and adjust your own approaches to facilitating empowerment?
6. What steps can you take to foster human rights?
7. List four strategies for assist people with disabilities to exercise their rights and support
8. What does a person-centred approach include?
9. There are a range of different activities that may result in breaches to the human rights that are allowable to a person with a disability. List six.
10. What are some of the indicators of harm, neglect, abuse or risk of harm?
11. What steps can you take to facilitate choice and self-determination?
12. What are the three main components to active communication?
13. What are some of the common obstacles when working with the families of people with disabilities?
14. Who are some of the relevant people who may be involved in developing skill development and maintenance plans?
15. What is informed consent?
16. List four advocacy actions for people with a disability
Developed by Enhance Your Future Pty Ltd 1 CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability Version 2 Course code and name