For this assessment, you will need to perform the following tasks. These tasks will need to be completed and submitted in a professional, word processed, format.
1. Discuss the methods you would use to develop relationships with older people in the context of community services.
2. In working in community services, how do you (or how do you plan to) provide services to older people?
3. What can you do to support the rights of older people?
4. How can you promote health and re-ablement of older people within the context of community services?
5. How would your attitude affect the way you work with older people?
6. Describe each of the following approaches:
a. Concepts of positive, active and healthy ageing
b. Rights-based approaches
c. Consumer directed care or person centred care
d. Palliative approach
e. Empowerment and disempowerment
7. Outline the stereotypical attitudes and myths associated with aging.
8. What impact does social devaluation have on an individual’s quality of life?
9. Briefly discuss each of the following:
a. Residential aged care sector
b. Home and community support sector
c. Current best practice service delivery models
d. Relevant agencies and referral networks for support services