Community Crisis AssessmentMarch 6, 2019
Community Health AssessmentMarch 6, 2019
Suppose you have been asked to submit an article for publication in your organization’s newsletter, about a global health topic and how policies and practices at the local level can affect global health. Choose one global health topic from the list (or use another of your choice):
- Mental health.
- Communicable diseases (HIV/AIDS, influenza, malaria, tuberculosis).
- Non-communicable diseases (cancer, lung, and heart disease).
- Maternal and child health (prenatal care, midwife education, childhood vaccinations).
- LGBT health.
- Global water supply and safety (GlobalHealth.gov, n.d.).
Look in the Capella library and on the Internet for very recent peer-reviewed articles, statistics, and professional nursing information on the global health topic you selected.
For this assessment, develop an APA-formatted research review article that covers one global health topic of your choice. In this assessment:
- Identify your topic. Provide background information and statistics on the topic, including the global areas most affected by the topic and the types of health care issues most often associated with the topic.
- Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery in the global areas most affected by the topic you selected. These factors may include not only culture and tradition, but also politics, economics, and social attitude.
- Explain the influence of altruistic organizations (Peace Corps, Project Hope, religious and non-religious missions, and so on) on health and health care practices in the global area specifically associated with the topic.
- Describe the interventions implemented to address the health care issues associated with the topic. Include both conventional and unconventional interventions.
- Explain how the health care decisions and practices at the local level (the area most impacted by the topic) relate to health and health care delivery in other global areas. This is not limited only to best practices, but could include poor health care decisions and practices.
- Identify evidence-based interventions that are effective, efficient, cost-effective, and equitable for promoting wellness and disease prevention in the specific area and population.
Complete your assessment using the following specifications:
- Title page and reference page.
- Number of pages: 6–8 (not including the title and reference pages).
- At least 3 current scholarly or professional resources.
- APA format for citations and references.
- Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced.