Industries adopt waste minimization techniques that lead to significant resource savings and cost reductions.July 17, 2019
discussion 1 Clinical case scenarioJuly 17, 2019
Nowadays, the media plays an extremely important role in informing us what is happening in the world. It is a good extension of what we have learned from the textbook since the media always reports the most updated and critical events that reflect one or more issues about a particular region or the entire world. In this assignment, read and discuss one article that is relevant to a region discussed in the textbook.
- Summary of the article (background of events) (30-40% of the text)
What is happening; when and where; why it is happening; effects of the events.
- Explain how the article connects back to the textbook (20-30% of the text)
- Does the event reflect the same issues about a certain region as discussed in the textbook?
- What characteristics of the region as described in the textbook contribute to the occurrence of the event? If the events reflect some facts that are inconsistent with the description of a region in the textbook, what do you think cause the differences?
- Human-environment interaction & spatial connections (30-40% of the text) From a geographic perspective, most events are hardly to be isolated from human-environment interaction and spatial connections.
- Discuss how human factors might influence the environmental issues, or vice verse. Also, discuss how the events within a region can have influences on other regions and if the influences can be
weighted by distance