Attend any support group
1. discuss the purpose of the support group attended.
2. Describe the demographics of the group (e.g, number of members in attendance (30), gender (25 male, 5 female) ages(from 25 years to 66 years old) )
3. Discuss the roles of the support group leader in relation to the group members.
4. identify the therapeutic factors (yalom, 2005) you observed in the group. Give an example of each factor identified.
5. discuss your observations about the needs of the group
6. describe your feelings about this experience and how it personally enriched you
I choose this recovery center
The IAFF Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Treatment and Recovery is a one-of-a-kind addiction treatment facility specializing in PTSD for IAFF members – and IAFF members only (fire fighters) – who are struggling with addiction, PTSD other related behavioral health challenges to receive the help they need in taking the first steps toward recovery. It is a safe haven for members to talk with other members who have faced or overcome similar challenges.
Designed from the ground up with firefighters in mind, the Center sits on a 15-acre campus and includes a state-of-the-art gym and other features that encourage physical activity to help in recovery and preparing to return to the job.
Located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C., the IAFF Center is surrounded by lush pine forest and features onsite areas for reflection and enjoying nature’s healing powers.