Surgeries to the thyroid may result in hypothyroidMarch 18, 2019
Pediatric: Undescended Testes Case StudyMarch 18, 2019
Answer the following questions:
- What are the facts of the case? This should include: what do we need to know, who is involved in the situation, where does the ethical situation take place, and when does it occur?
- What is the precise ethical issue in regards to autonomy, nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, and justice?
- Identify the major principles, rules, and values of the case. Values are sets of beliefs about good and bad, right and wrong, and about many other aspects of living and interacting in the society with others. A principle is a personal rule that governs personal behavior. A rule is generally imposed by a figure of authority, and used to guide and govern people.
- Is there legal ground for this case, if so what? Who is at fault? What legal action should be taken?
- Are there alternative to the actions completed in this case by both the nurse, physician, and healthcare facility? Do you feel the physician and nurse were following hospital protocol?
- If you were a member of the ethics committee at this facility, what actions or changes would you recommend changing? Why?
For the case study, an APA formatted paper should be used, and needs to include a title page, level headings, references and citations. This assignment should include at least 2 references and should be at least four pages in length. Students should address the proposed questions providing ample detail, examples, and additional support.
- At least four pages in length; answers must thoroughly address each question in a clear, concise manner;
- Reference page required
- address each question in a numbered list
- At least 2 references required
- save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type