1. Condensation of glycine and succinyl CoA to form aminolevulinic acid (ALA) is catalyzed by
(a) ALA oxidase
(b) ALA synthase *
(d) ALA carboxylase
(e) Succinate dehydrogenase
2. Which of the following are not components of the structure of heme?
(a) Methyl groups
(b) Vinyl groups
(c) Acetate groups *
(d) Propionate groups
(e) Pyrrole rings
3. Which of the following lipoprotein fraction is a major component of plasma cholesterol?
(a) High density lipoproteins
(b) Intermediate density lipoproteins
(d) Low density lipoproteins *
(e) Very low density lipoproteins
4. Under normal conditions, mucin glycoproteins would not be expected to be present in
(a) Serum *
(b) Gastrointestinal tract (GIT)
(c) Respiratory tract
(d) Female genital tract
5. Which of the following is not an example of a glycosaminoglycan?
(a) Chondroitin sulfate
(b) Neuraminate *
(c) Heparin sulfate
(d) Keratan sulfate
6. The enzyme that links aminoacids to their cognate tRNA is
(c) Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase*
7. Which of the following codons is an initiation codon?
(a) ACU Termination codons> UAG, UAA, UGA.
8. Which of the following bases can replace thymine in RNA synthesis?
For a custom-written paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers