Nursing AssignmentsMarch 11, 2019
Scope and Standards of Nursing PracticeMarch 12, 2019
- Describe the relationship between the AACN Essentials and your new-found knowledge about Patient Centered Care. Are there opportunities for you to improve?
- Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values discusses professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct. Review the Professional Integrity Module-Academics and Practice at the beginning of the course (the first module). Then reflect on your own beliefs and values as they relate to professional nursing practice.
- Discuss implications of professional nursing integrity and academic integrity.
TOPIC: STANDARDIZED COUNTING PROCEDURE TO PREVENT RETAINED SURGICAL ITEMS
- Identify at least three subthemes that relate to each theme (six subthemes total).
- Identify at least three empirical or scholarly articles related to each subtheme (18 articles total). At least one article must demonstrate a quantitative methodology.
- Write statements that synthesize the three studies for each subtheme based on the information you stated above. You will write six synthesis statements.
- No less than 85% of the articles must have been published in the past 5 years. Articles selected must further provide strong, relatable support for the proposal.
Maria’s vitals today are as follows; T 98.6, R 20, HR 88, BP 148/90
Using the lesson and text as your guide, answer the following questions.
- What additional assessment data (subjective and/or objective) would you like to gather from Maria?
- What actual health concerns and risk factors have you identified?
- What are some opportunities to promote health and wellness for Maria?
- Write one nursing diagnosis for Maria (actual, wellness or risk), based on one of the health concerns or opportunities you have identified. (Please use one of the formulas outlined in the text and lesson!)